Satan's smoke wisps throw in the towel

ratna555@

Satan's smoke wisps throw in the towel

Post by ratna555@ » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:02 pm

Rumors of Ángeles includes a brief interview with the theologian Juan Luis Herrero, a 60-year-old native of La Rioja, former religious of the White Fathers, secularized 25 years ago, based on his recent book "Religion without Magic." I have not read it nor do I intend to read it because, in order to study the heretical "demystifying" theories of the Christian faith, I prefer to stay with the original, Bultmann, and not with cheap and blasphemous photocopies. Yes, I said blasphemous because the Riojan theologian is blasphemous. It was precisely an article of his in the magazine Pastoral Juvenil, of the PP Escolapios, that caused Monsignor Rouco Varela, God repay him, to successfully pull the strings so that those responsible for that Catholic magazine were dismissed. Here is a paragraph from that article: "To access the substantial, it is necessary to start from the concreteness of popular piety to clear the path of the most cumbersome and deep-rooted obstacle.

In this central sacrament, there is something that permeates the popular imagination and disrupts and perverts the whole: the presumption " "real Email List presence" of the body, blood and divinity of Christ on the altar or in the tabernacle. Presence that starts from the "consecration", another traditional concept that bases many of its questions for popular piety: when is there consecration, at what moment of the mass, who can do it, what happens if there is no priest, what raw material of bread and wine is necessary, what happens with what is left over, etc. If such presence were limited to an instrumental function, a supposedly necessary means to guarantee the mysterious update in favor of the community of the death-resurrection of Jesus, would be tolerable although irrational. The serious and intolerable thing is that the alleged instrument has finally been erected: the important thing is that Christ is present at the altar to 'receive' it in our stomach. Simply this would ensure some spiritual fruit as long as there is no communion with unconfessed mortal sin.

I am afraid that this doctrine - incidentally - is one of the main contributions to de-Christianization. A modern spirit can hardly 'commune' with such a millstone: an intramundane, empirical and tangible reality, a bit of bread (or its caricature) and a few drops of wine, miraculously becomes another material-spiritual-divine reality, the person of Jesus. Furthermore, through this enigmatic transformation, some events from two thousand years ago (the life, death and resurrection of Jesus) are once again present on the altar, although without being duplicated. And this updated 'sacrifice' of Jesus would remain there (or only at the moment of consecration?) as long as a crumb of bread remains. The mysterious reality of such a sacrifice would be present on the altar although no one, not even the celebrant, for lack of interior 'dispositions', gave it a pious welcome in his soul." Touching, right? Well, this man is one of the leaders of the entire progressive ecclesial gang in this country, which acts as a true fifth column in the Church of the already dying liberal Protestantism that, like a spiritual tsunami, has more than demonstrated its effectiveness in emptying the traditional Protestant churches.